stop and stare.
the best bookstores in the world
1. This majestic converted 1920s movie palace uses theater boxes for reading rooms and draws Thousands of tourists every year. Librería El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. This is the entrance of the bookstore Le Bal des Ardents in Lyon, France.
3. For those who like their green spaces (and coffee shops) to Invade their bookstores. Cafebreria El Pendulo, Mexico City, Mexico
4. The bookstore section of the larger complex dedicated to art and design certainly lives up to its mission. Corso Como Bookshop , Milan, Italy
5. Kid’s Republic Book Store in Beijing, China by Sako Architects
6. Livraria Lello & Irmão (open since 1906), Porto, Portugal
7. A gorgeous converted Dominican church gives the power of reading its due diligence. Selexyz Bookstore , Maastricht, Holland
Rest Hole at the University of Seoul
The first floor of the dormitory in University of Seoul was originally an empty parking lot. An area enclosed by columns that supported the main office of the building, people would use the area only for smoking and storing bikes. The place was far too dark and inefficient and further desperately needed to be remodeled. In collaboration, the architectural students of the University of Seoul (Lee Sang-myeong, Ha Ki-seong, Baek Jong-ho) and UTAA designed a solution that would become much more than a simple rest area.
read more Design-dautore